Does your messaging sound like everyone else?
You’re a fast-growing company in an ultra-competitive space. You’ve tried hard as a team to come up with messaging that differentiates your product…but your website still sounds like everyone else.
Does this sound familiar?
- You struggle with making a really complex message simple
- You want to be consistent but things are always changing
- You’re not sure if your message resonates with customers
- Your current messaging doesn’t reflect where your business is going
- Your brand voice doesn’t sound approachable…or even human
You need something more compelling to support your ambitious growth goals. Customers never buy “just a product” – they buy the value and your vision.
I’ll help you convey both in a messaging strategy that allows your company to breakthrough to the next level of growth.
A 6-week messaging & positioning transformation
My 1-on-1 consultation program helps growth-oriented companies quickly go from “we can’t explain this clearly” to “I know how to play bigger in our market”…all through the power of words.
This program has helped my clients:
- Reposition a product to more effectively cross-sell across an enterprise
- Get clear on a target market’s needs and desires
- Refine target customer and how to craft messaging that resonates
- Find a new, unique position in a crowded market
- Help experienced CEOs and business leaders feel more confident in sales situations
- Give a fresh perspective to inspire innovation & new product development
How it works
Through 1-on-1 consultation, customer and market insights, and a powerful team workshop, The Message Breakthrough helps fast-moving companies quickly establish their most compelling product positioning and message to support growth goals.
We focus on the following:
1. Clarifying your strategy
First, we solve the strategic issues behind your current messaging struggles, including weak product positioning, unfocused target audience or an unclear value proposition.
2. Understanding your customer
Great messaging is in your customer’s language, not yours. Through phone interviews, we understand your customers talk about your product’s value, plus their own underlying motivations and needs.
3. Aligning in a strategic workshop
We find the answer together, as a team. We bring your team together in a vibrant, interactive working session that engages open, honest discussion to align on the best opportunities
4. Developing great messaging
Based on the above, we’ll craft a brand narrative and product messaging that differentiates your product, hits home with audiences and supports wider business goals. This framework can be applied to a variety of sales and marketing materials.
I couldn’t believe we got so far in so short a time. Our message was something we’d been struggling with for SO long. The fact that we got it done so quickly and with such a high quality result was awesome.
– Dave Pistacchio, Board Advisor, Storyleaders
What does it include?
This 6-week intensive includes:
- 1-on-1 (90 min) strategy session to deep dive into challenges and business goals.
- Transformative workshop – through guided exercises and real-time insights, we’ll explore and align on narrative themes and best opportunities.
- Positioning assessment & optimization
- Customer perception insights – up to 8 1-on-1 interviews with customers and prospects to accurately frame your product’s value within their perspective, needs and motivation.
- Messaging framework – your key marketing messages in one place, including value proposition, company description, top benefits and brand voice traits.
- Supporting copy examples and content ideas
- 3-month check-in to discuss how messaging resonates in the market
Punchy helped communicate our complex B2B medical software business in a compelling and powerful way. It’s easy to get lost in the weeds of a business like ours, but Emma helped us make that critical leap from product features to our big, inspiring vision.”
– David West, CEO of Proscia
Want to explore working together?
The first step is for us to jump on the phone to talk through your goals, challenges and questions so we can see if we’re a good fit.
Working with Emma provided us with invaluable clarity. We had struggled for a long time to be everything to everyone – Emma helped us hone in on who our target customer should be and how we can craft our messaging to be relevant to them. It has been a game changer for our team and has made decision making so much easier.”
– Shannon Gordon, CEO of theBoardlist